The City of Red Deer owns this website and all websites under the reddeer.ca domain.
The City of Red Deer (the “City") either owns the intellectual property rights in the underlying HTML, text, audio clips, video clips and other content (the “Content") that is made available to you on this website, or has obtained the permission of the owner of the intellectual property to use the content on this website.
You may use this website only if you agree to the following terms.
The City grants to you a limited license to display on your computer, print, download and use all Content that is made available to you on this website, only if you agree to the following terms:
- You will only use the website for personal, educational or non-commercial purposes.
- You will not modify the Content of the website and you will display the Copyright Information and these Conditions of Use on each copy of the website.
- You agree that you will not violate (or attempt to violate) the security of this website by hacking, cracking, mail bombing, mounting a denial of service attack, breaching of netiquette, or any other similar malicious, careless or negligent conduct.
- You shall not engage in spidering, “screen scraping”, “database scraping”, harvesting of email addresses or other contact information, or any other automatic means of obtaining lists of information from or through the website.
- You agree that if you include a link from any other website to this website, such link shall open in a new browser window and shall link to the full version of an HTML formatted page of this website. You are not permitted to link directly to any of the Content in part.
- You agree not to upload content or computer code of any type to this website.
- You acknowledge that you have no right to the intellectual property associated with this website and that you have only a limited right to use this website.
- You acknowledge that the City does not warrant the quality, accuracy, or completeness of any information or of the availability of this website. This website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors and the information provided is without warranty or condition of any kind.
- You acknowledge that the City is not directly or indirectly responsible for any loss, damage, or injury that you may have as a result of your use of this website.
- You agree to be bound by the laws applicable in the Province of Alberta and Canada with respect to your use of the website and you agree that any court proceedings relating to your use of the website will take place in the Judicial District of Red Deer.
- You agree to grant the City all intellectual property rights in the content of any electronic communication that you send to the City.
The City of Red Deer’s Commitment to Privacy
The City of Red Deer (the “City”) recognizes that the privacy and confidentiality of a person’s personal information is important. All personal information is managed according to the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (the “FOIP Act”). As per Section 2 of the FOIP Act, the City will adhere to the following privacy principles:
(a) to allow any person the right to access records in the custody or under the control of a public body subject to the FOIP Act;
(b) to control the manner in which a public body may collect, use and disclose personal information from individuals;
(c) to allow individuals to access personal information subject to the FOIP Act;
(d) to allow individuals the right to correct their personal information held by a public body; and
(e) to provide for independent reviews of decisions made by a public body under the FOIP Act.
Visiting our Websites
When you go directly to the information portion of our websites (reddeer.ca and sub-domains thereof) (the “Site”) and move from page to page, read pages or download content onto your computer, we will automatically gather and store information about your visit using security audit logs and Google Analytics.
Security audit logs record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of site visitors. An IP address is the number automatically assigned to the computer or to the Internet Service Provider requesting the URL. The City cannot identify you from this information. The City archives and uses log files for systems analysis, maintenance and site evaluation.
You can opt-out of analytics activity by setting your browser to notify you when a cookie is sent and block analytics cookies if desired. Please consult your browser's Help Menu for instructions. Visiting our Site with analytics cookies disabled will have no significant impact on your browsing experience. Google currently offers a free Google Analytics opt-out tool for Internet Explorer (versions 7 and 8), Google Chrome (4.x and higher), and Mozilla Firefox (3.5 and higher).
Links to Other Websites
Email messages are subject to FOIP. All email messages sent or received are the property of the City and may be accessed without the further consent of the author. All email messages required to be retained by law will be maintained through a records management process.
If you choose to provide the City with personal information in an email, by filling out an electronic form and submitting it to the City through this website, the City will keep and use that information to provide you with the requested information or service. The City will only use your personal information in the way for which it was collected.
Security measures are implemented in order to ensure that web services remain available to all users. The City’s computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify attempts to tamper with information, or to otherwise cause damage.
This policy is subject to change without notice.
For More Information:
Legislative Services Department
Access & Privacy Coordinator
4914 48 Avenue
P.O. Box 5008
Red Deer, AB T4N 3T4
The material posted on the Better Together is intended only to provide immediate and convenient access to information regarding crime and community safety within Red Deer. While efforts are made to provide accuracy and currency, we cannot and does not guarantee that the information posted is always accurate or current. The City does not warrant or make any representations as to the quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, maps, graphics, links and other items contained on its web pages.
The City makes no assurances, express or implied, as to the fitness of the information for any purpose or to results obtained by individuals using the information, and is not responsible for any action taken in reliance on the information obtained by you or used by you from the website.